Monday, October 19, 2009

Yes, I believe I am that much of a dork...




... enough even to post it on the world wide web. So in honor of the next movie coming out soon, and of the Halloween holiday's just around the corner. I decided to make a batch of cookies. I had wanted to try this out just to see how they looked. You can't really see in the picture but the cookies with the white frosting have a little bit of sparkle in them if you hold them up in the sunlight. The other cookies are darker, furrier and hopelessly unrequited.


Oh, and the cookie recipe is a basic sugar cookie recipe except with whole wheat flour. This makes them less sweet to offset the icing.


Cookies:

1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
4 cup flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Cream sugar & butter. Add vanilla, eggs. Add dry ingredients, mix well and chill. Cut into shapes or rounds (or do what I did and form them into balls and squash them). Bake at 375 for 5-6 minutes.


Then the icing is just some store bought butter cream icing with white sprinkles mixed in for the white ones, and decorative frosting for the black ones. I was trying to make them look like fur but I don't think I succeeded. That's okay. This was just a test batch.
Oh, and I can't figure out how to flip the picture over so its the right way.

1 comment:

christie said...

Furry and unrequited = hahahahahaha.